The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World features Halloween fireworks and other ghoulish delights for 36 nights
For 36 nights, Aug. 16-Nov. 1, 2019, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will return for a record-breaking stretch, including a parade, special menus and an all-new Halloween fireworks show.
Let’s take a look at the goings-on:
New Halloween Fireworks: ‘Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular’
Our host for the Halloween Fireworks is Jack Skellington, who spins a tale about the witching season and how anything can happen during this magical time. Zero, Jack’s ghostly canine companion, takes us along on a trick-or-treating adventure with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck. The four friends are drawn into a spooky haunted house, with skeletons dancing, ghosts waltzing and Disney villains galore. Texture mapping projection effects, lasers and fireworks make up the bulk of the storytelling.
See the Exclusive ‘Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade’
Beware! The Headless Horseman is on the prowl, looking for Ichabod Crane or anyone else so that he can get a-head. (Sorry). Close behind are the safe and spooky Disney characters in their adorable Halloween costumes.
Edna Mode and her favorite customers, The Incredibles, show up for the festivities – and they’re already wearing masks! Wreck-It-Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz and the girls from Sugar Rush will sweeten things up with their candy-themed floats and vehicles. Plus, you’ll see Pirates of the Caribbean, playful spooks from The Haunted Mansion and a Frontierland hoedown hosted by Clarabelle Cow. Maybe this year, her boyfriend Panchito Pistoles will make an appearance!
Where you find dogs, you’ll find Cruella de Vil close behind.
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is transformed into Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way ,a new reservations-only social with themed music and décor as Cruella’s fashionable friends (wait, she has friends?) join you for divine hors d’oeuvres, sweets and drinks (including beer and wine!!). Guests can come and go as they please throughout the night and enjoy prime parade-viewing spot reserved just for them until 12:30 a.m.
Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way ($99 per person, plus tax) is available only during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Reservations are required and can be made at Disneyworld.com or by calling Disney Dining at (407) 939-3463.
Trick or Treating Plus MORE Tricks and Treats!
If the Halloween fireworks, Fun and frightening parade and villainous private party aren’t enough:
- Trick-or-Treating at Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor gets an extra treat with monsters-in-training waiting to learn all about Halloween. Great photo op for when you get your treats!.
- Space Mountain. In. The. Dark. (with a hard-rocking soundtrack!
- Live pirates join the Audio-Animatronics on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Special Halloween madness At the Mad Tea Party, with themed lighting and music.
- The new DescenDANCE Party at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland, where you can dance while feeling good to be bad!
- The Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam in Fantasyland has Doc McStuffins, Timon and Vampirina for definitely less-scary fun. New this year, Nancy Clancy from the hit Disney Junior series “Fancy Nancy” joins the party. Plus, you can watch the Halloween fireworks from this area if the storyline might be too scary for your littles.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party takes place this year:
- Aug. 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- Sept. 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- Oct. 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
- Nov. 1
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party start at $79 (plus tax) and can be booked through Disneyworld.com or the Disney Reservations Center at (407) 827-7350. Children are encouraged to dress in costume and enjoy the spirit of Halloween with their families.
Unfortunately, I can’t make it this year, but I hope you can!
Comments? Questions? Email me or comment below:Thank you for reading! Please share from the share buttons on this page!
Listen to your favorite books on Audible - FREE BOOK when you scan here!